Monday, September 12, 2011

GOP Tea-bait in Tampa

I'm sorry, but I cannot sugar-coat this. That was the most troubling audience I've ever heard at a debate.

These two got raves:
*LETTING THE UNINSURED DIE
*TREASON TRIAL FOR BERNANKE

These got booed:
*Mitt Romney trying a poker analogy
*All Huntsman's "jokes/attack lines"
*Fair tax if it eases burden on highest and lowest earners but worsens impact on the Middle Class (?)
*In-state tuition rates for illegals if in college, in USA 3-yrs., and working toward citizenship
*Rick Perry saying it shouldn't matter what your last name sounds like
*Ron Paul's attempt to explain the equation between terrorist attacks and religious intolerence

The words, the "ideas" speak for themselves and do not need my rhetoric to further define them.
I don't know how better to explain what is at stake in our Democracy than that.

I've gotta go sit in the dark somewhere and shake...or have a beer, can't decide. I will give a long-winded AND I PROMISE, HUMOROUS take on the policy issues discussed tonight in tomorrow morning's posting.

Forgive the brevity and please don't "Mind the Gap"--I'll step in front of the debate's inner "tube" tomorrow. You Anglophiles got that, didn't you? Hello, UK pals!

No comments:

Post a Comment