Saturday, September 10, 2011

Long Day of Long Ball

It's late, so I'll be brief.

Today's football games were fantastic: Lots of terrific endings and some satisfying underdog victories. And there were some valiant efforts that fell short, most notably for me, Colorado's OT defeat by Cal. Since the game was not on TV, we had to do the old "Fireside Chat" bit and listen over the radio--actually on the web to the live stream from KOA-850AM "Colorado's Progressive Talk" and home of the Colorado Radio Network for CU sports.

Those of you lucky enough to have a venerable and excitable "voice of" guy for your team would appreciate Larry Zimmer, voice of the Buffs. He is impassioned and says what he thinks. Think Keith Jackson (a sports god, in my opinion) without the accent, then replace the warm charm with light sarcasm and you've got Zimm.

Of the 64 games I picked, I was successful in just 39. That's batting over .500, but I would liked to have had a few more.

So I had a great Week One and an average Week Two. If I don't have another breakout week next time I'm letting the dogs pick. Hey, they do pretty well in our annual household Battle of the Bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment