Thursday, September 22, 2011

WEEK FOUR: Breaking Even Week/Lucky 13

Though I was sickly and without the possession of all of my faculties, Week Three was kind enough to look the other way and pay me handsomely with a 14-6 record. Not bad considering I went out on nearly a half dozen limbs--dang it Vandals! And Our Dame finally recorded a W, thanks a lot Irish! But I did go long with CU and Miami, so I'm happy.

This week I'm taking a shot at 26 games and, as luck would have it, I've selected 13 homies and 13 roadies. We'll have to see which 13 are the lucky ones--if I'm anywhere close at all. Here's hoping.

WEEK FOUR WINNERS (in caps):
Friday's game--UCF @ Brigham Young
Saturday games:
*University of North Carolina @ GEORGIA TECH
*San Diego State University @ MICHIGAN (sorry, T. P.)
*Portland State @ TCU
*FLORIDA STATE @ Clemson
*OKLAHOMA STATE @ Texas Agricultural and Military (sorry, K. Mc.)
*South Dakota @ WISCONSIN (or "Warehouse 13" takes on a Badger of an artifact)
*VIRGINIA TECH @ Marshall
*ARKANSAS @ Alabama ('cuz it's more interesting that way)
*Western Michigan @ ILLINOIS
*University of Texas-El Paso @ UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA
*FLORIDA @ Kentucky
*Rice @ BAYLOR (RG3, RG3, RG3!)
*VANDERBILT @ South Carolina (Now Edie, don't hex me, but the Vandykins need a year to cheer about. Let's see how long they can ride their magic pony.)
*Nebraska @ WYOMING (I'm still not letting that bad call go--because bad calls ALWAYS go to the 'Huskers--even though it didn't matter in the end.)
*Tulsa @ BOISE STATE (Love me some Kellen Moore!)
*Missouri @ OKLAHOMA (After that win over FSU, you gotta figure these guys are serious.)
*LSU @ West Virginia (Poor Mountaineers, so much rejection in one week, ouch!)
*USC @ Arizona State
*OREGON @ Arizona (I was worried for The Cardinal last week, but my boys made me damned proud. Enjoyed every second of that one. Now the Wildcats will be pissed, and we're not at Autzen, but I still think the Duckies can do the job. Besides, it's always fun to watch Mike Stoops blow a gasket.)
*University of Colorado @ OHIO STATE (Buffies, I was proud of you Saturday as well, but come on, Ohio State? Nah. You win this one and I'll buy tickets to all the home games next year...pricey dare, that.  And I think hubby will suit up to help you out.)
*Notre Dame @ PITT (Okay, again I dream. But if I'm right, two great things happen: Notre Dame loses and I'm right.)
*Kansas State @ MIAMI (It's fun to be able to pull for the 'Canes after all these years of eschewing.)
*UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA @ Washington (I just can't figure out what kind of year the Huskies are going for. But Tedford has Cal focused, for the moment.)
*UCLA @ Oregon State (Though I love my Duckies, I do not hate the Beavers, unless of course it's the rivalry game. The poor Beavs are having a horrendous year--they're as bad as Washington State is good. The tide has turned on those two. Good news for Neuheisel (who needs some desperately) bad news for the good folks of Corvalis.)
*INDIANA @ North Texas (My pick for two things: to win this game, and for having the worst unis and coachwear going back at least five years--or whenever it was they decided to go "Nascar". YUCK)

Enjoy the games. I gotta go see this amazing sunset right now. The whole world seems striped in amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment