Saturday, October 29, 2011

What a Week in Sports

I'm still coming back to Earth after Stanford's triple-OT win over USC. That was way too scary on this Halloween weekend! First the St. Louis Cardinals, then The Cardinal of Palo Alto--whew!

The two late games are still underway--Wyoming @ San Diego State and Arizona @ Washington--and I have the home teams in both of those. So of the 38 decided games of my 40 picks I am 28-10. Hoping to go to 30-10 by evening's end.

With all the chaos and calamity in our world just now, it is nice to have the respite of sport. For that I am grateful. Today the NCAA, tomorrow the NFL, someday soon perhaps even bigger goals and scores.

But for now I will be glad for this exciting week on the ballfields and in the stadiums. I will outfit my Haunted House tomorrow, enjoy some Pro Football, and do my little bit to make my world a happier place.

Costumes? So far I've been the 99% in front and the 1% in back, a dead French artist, and next, most likely, a zombie. Down-and-out, then dead, then undead--my little commentary from the peaceful sidelines. For those of you in the fight: Be strong, be safe, and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment