Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome to My Night Share

Well, hello! Here we are in the middle of the night (somewhere it is) staring into the magic box of potential that has become our new digital Main Street, waiting for a break in the traffic so we can cross the web world to meet. It's just begun to snow on my side of our little big town, and I'm here at the corner coffee shop, thinking about the day and all the days and wondering what I'll say to you when you slide into our booth.

And here you are. There's so much I should probably tell you, and quite a bit more I should likely keep to myself. I want you to know that though I'm passionate about our hometown here, I've spent a great deal of time wondering if perhaps there were more than enough Speaker's Corners or soapboxes by any other name, and whether one more invisible yet word-filled line through the air might just bring the whole thing crashing down.

So now that I've begun to draw my little line, maybe we won't have to call out the volunteer fire department to clear the lane, the cop to redirect us off the main drag, nor the electric co-op to come prop up the wires.

We share a pretty damn neat place here--cock-eyed though it may be--but we can always make room for new voices. Hell, there's a ton of space for expansion out off the old farm road, out where houses turn into fields and the wild grasses lay down against the coming wind. We can always bake some cookies, ring a doorbell, and get to know the neighbors.

So drink that coffee before it goes cold on you and let's get down to cases. I'm Susan, and you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment