Saturday, April 30, 2011

Why cockeyed?

Have you ever wondered why I call this blog "cockeyed susan"? I look at it this way...nope, that's all. That's the reason in a nutshell: I look at it this way. And with my propensity to employ the pun whenever possible added to the fact that my name is Susan, I put wildflower with wit power and tah-dah! I think I should add a picture of an upside down black-eyed susan with a creepy face for a center; my own weird little logo if you will.

Speaking of cockeyed, whaddaya think of that wedding royale? I jest, of course. Anything the late Alexander McQueen's house designs is just the tops with me. He was a brilliant designer. I think if I wasn't busy being a writer and mom and whatnot I'd want to be a fashion designer. Oh hell, who am I kidding. If I wasn't busy watching TV and staring into this magic box I'd...uh-huh. I liked the Austin Powers moment in the tiny toy car, too. Though I think for myself the Rolls KM arrived in would do better; we have a lot of high-profile vehicles around here so I'd prefer to be high-profile as well.

On a much more important topic, I really hope the best for all of those touched by the wretched storms last week. While the folks I know in that neck of the woods seem to have been spared the worst of things, I certainly feel for those who did not come out so lucky. My thoughts are with those surviving and not, and all the people, places, and things that they love. I cannot begin to comprehend what so many are facing, will face in the days ahead. May they all find a certain peace that helps them through.

No comments:

Post a Comment