Saturday, April 30, 2011

Susan, Broil!

So I need your help here. I bought these frozen spinach pancakes because they looked like a low fat, lower calorie version of spinach souffle. Problem is you have to broil them. I do not have a broiler. I know, I do have an oven, but I refuse to leave the door open a crack at 500 degrees. First of all, that's just wasteful. Secondly, look at the photos near the bottom of the page...4 doggies + open oven = not good. I swear I can still smell burning cocker spaniel hair whenever I turn on the gas stove in the tiki bar. (We have a weird house, surprised?!) Thank goodness that was in the winter time and all I had to do was open the door onto the deck and set his smoldering arse in the snow.

My question is, what am I looking for in a toaster oven/broiler that will be a nice, multi-purpose addition to my cooking arsenal, and worth its width in valuable counter space? I've never owned this particular appliance, so I have no idea whether to go with the cheapest thing I can find, or to invest in something more expensive. This reminds me of having to finally get off the fidelity-vs-sound debate fence back in the 1990s and buy a CD player because the new Lenny Kravitz recording was so awesome. That turned out okay for me. So I hope you'll help me find a happy ending for my toaster oven story so I can free those poor little green disks from my freezer. (See, it kind of relates.)

Tell me your good and bad experiences, those of you who have blazed this culinary trail before me. (I wonder why I never got a TO/B as a wedding present?) Comment here and help a girl get her iron on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment