Sunday, May 8, 2011

Taking Polls and Stock

So whoever voted for Truman Capote is correct! Sadly, I never got to meet the man, but his writing does speak to me all on its own. I've had the pleasure of meeting Natalie Goldberg twice, and attended a really nice reading with John Updike. As for the late James Dickey, I was lucky enough to score a nearly week-long interview with him at his house in South Carolina. Pretty sweet.

This week let's drop the contest part (as that kind of interaction doesn't seem to be resonating with any of you yet--no problem!--and keep the poll around for sh*ts and grins.) Heck, let's do a couple of polls just to keep you interested.

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. We have the toughest and BEST job in the whole world! As the saying goes, every mom is a working woman. That's true, but I think the assets I'm most proud of in this part of my world are multitasking, resourcefulness, and patience. I'll never forget the time my tiny first born had to be changed and the only option was a very dingy, small public restroom in an ancient cafe. So how did I manage? I took off a shawl I was wearing, put it on the floor, and talked him through how silly we must look if anyone could see us. He came out of that bathroom clean and I came out beaming. I told my husband, now I KNOW that I'm a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment