Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye, August!

Man, August was nice. It wasn't the sad, slow march to Summer's demise that it can be here, but rather a true third month of warmth and glory.

And what did I do with it? Yeah, guess we should touch base on that whole "new thing a month'' scheme.

Well, for August, I did a couple of new things:
1. I worked 4 hours setting up a big wine festival in town.
2. I bought a guy a ring. Specifically "Husband", in honor of completing our 25th married year.
I'm thinking on the official tally, I'll go with #2. It was a big first for me (and I think, for him). The ring part, not the 25 years!

So we're halfway through my 50th year. What will the next six new things be? Dunno. But it should be fun to find out together. And while I haven't racked up any "extreme" stuff yet--except my "whole frame, outlook, way of life" to quote Keenan Wynn from "Doctor Strangelove"--maybe I'll surprise myself along the way.

Gosh, I hope so.


No comments:

Post a Comment