Sunday, August 21, 2011

NEW POLLS: HIGH SCHOOL

In last week's poll, "What's the funniest thing you've ever done in the shower?", I'll have to put myself in the same silly boat: I too, have forgotten to remove all my clothing before entering the shower. I'm pretty sure I've also walked out of the shower before opening the curtain/door.

As to the "Stupid ways in which Susan has injured herself", some votes were right and some not. Here are the correct ones: Yes, I nearly fell off Georgia's famous Stone Mountain (slid right to the damned edge), yes, I did catch a racquetball in the eye (and that was a scary five minutes), yes, I did suffer an arm crushing blow from a German Shepherd, but that isn't the entire story of my broken collarbone. First, I jumped off a pile of cinder blocks, then I tripped over a planter, and then the German Shepherd fell on me. Now for the incorrect votes: No, I have never had an ear bitten by a bird, but I wouldn't put it past me...or the bird. I have also fallen down a hell of a lot of stairs, but have never suffered a concussion because of it.

This week's three polls have a theme: High School. My kids, though not at that high a grade level just yet, begin school this week and that has me harkening back to my own wonderful/horrifying school days. Good luck figuring out just which kid I was back then.

And for all you folks going back to school now or soon, as Garrison Keillor says: "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." Bon Chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment