Saturday, August 13, 2011

Salut, Tiger

Woke up to a floater this morning...Tiger. I called this particular goldfish "Damnation" because I call all things with spots Damnation, but he/she also had stripes and the kids called him/her "Tiger".

We've had short-timers off and on over the years, but these three goldfish we have now have been with us for more than two years, so this is not a "burial at sea" occasion but a burial. Now the kids have something to do while I'm volunteering at the wine festival. (That's not as cold-hearted as it seems; my kids take such matters as very serious calls to action, and answering the call empowers them for some reason.)

So goodbye, Tiger, and thank you for hanging out with us these last years. I'm sure "Goldie" and "Ralphie" will miss you in their own little fishy way.

And remember, like those noisy 101 dogs, you will always be "Damnation" to me. (Jeepers, there's that 101 again. See, did I tell you or did I tell you. The "string theory" continues...)

No comments:

Post a Comment