Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Process Begins...

We were electrified yesterday; not nearly as exciting as being alarmed, but that was Hyacinth's project on "Keeping Up Appearances" because there was nothing gone awry with her meter. That I know of.

Seems our electric meter killed itself, but not us thankfully, and had to be replaced. We now have 200 amperes rather than 100. I'm not sure what to do with the extra 100--perhaps it can be traded in for airline miles or at least those kiddie backpacks you can get if you send in enough Dum-Dum wrappers.

Next week we'll be barn raising, and you know how insolent they get when they-re teen-barn-agers! Every other word is "hay, ewe" or "shut me up!" Should be a hoot, if we have an owl take up residence.

Have you ever been in a barn full of owls? I have. In California. It was pretty cool too, if you knew where to step that is. Myself, I've always fancied a barn peacock. I like how on cold mornings it sounds exactly if they are shouting: "Oh, my god...oh, my god."

Maybe four barn dogs will be sufficient. That and whatever vermin sort out how to tunnel under. And spiders, and wasps, and woodpeckers, and... Gotta love life in the country! It's in the handbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment