Monday, March 5, 2012

10 Best Things About My 50th Birthday Yesterday

10. Finding two homemade garments at the Goodwill.

09. Walking the dogs for the first time in two months and discovering that harnesses really do work on the pullers! (I'm looking at you, my Woody.)

08. The very attractive restauranteur telling me at my b'day breakfast that she's 65--you'd never believe it--and that "it's all uphill from here".

07. Finding and placing my first 2012 garden structures.

06. Enjoying the backyard.

05. Teddy, the sheltie, riding the recumbent bike all by himself.

04. The first really warm, windless day.

03. My son choosing "The Artist" over "The Lorax".

02. BFF Tyla singing "Happy Birthday" to me on the voicemail.

01. The poem, entitled "21st Century Woman", my daughter wrote for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment