Monday, May 23, 2011

Poll Call

Well lasts week's polls turned up mixed results. Those of you who voted in the "natural disaster" poll were all wrong! Sadly, I've been IN two tornadoes, but came out (obviously) okay. We had an historic forest fire here a few years back, and in Cali, I experienced a pretty mild earthquake, though I think it was like a 5.4 or something.
And for the individual who took a chance on the "events" poll, well, you were right. You didn't guess the All-Star game because I'm a girl, did you? Of course not. We did host the All-Star game near here last decade, but I was not able to attend. So that means I've been in attendance for a national live radio show (Prairie Home Companion), a visit by the pope (back in the reporter days), and a political convention. But you knew that last one because I blogged about it. If you're interested in the "heroic acts" poll, here's how that shakes down: forded rushing streams--yes, many; tornado rescue--yes, see results of first poll; evacuated people from an explosion--yes, though it was only an exploding car, it was still quite interesting!
I have, however, never had to construct an avalanche fort--thank goodness!
This week I'll put up a TRUE public opinion poll, so have at it and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment