Tuesday, June 28, 2011

She Figured it Ouuut!

We have a brilliant puzzler amongst our cockeyed throng. My good pal from back East--hippiechik--has solved the musical riddle I gave you a couple of days ago.
Of course the italicized "prose" is composed of all song lyrics, but she--a fellow indy record shop junkie--spotted the fact that they were all given in alphabetical order, by artist. Very nice, hippiechik!

So I got the idea to do that particular puzzle from an unfortunate run-in with a nearby P.D. after I was pulled over for my first traffic ticket in decades for changing lanes while making a right turn after stopping for the red, at a traffic light. So why did I do this? Said cop--who was by the way on his check-ride with an older cop seated next to him (hmmmm)--was pulling out of a Wendy's drive-thru and into that lane. So as I turned into that lane, I quickly moved over to let him out. For that I get a ticket, and a court date, all this on my birthday. I decided to play nice and got the whole thing down to some lame charge like: "Unfortunate bumpersticker blocking the path of bird poop on the back window", which cost very little and took no points off my license. But my initial thought was to show up to court and speak only in song lyrics. A lot of Rolling Stone's stuff came to mind.

So congrats to h.c. on her mastering of our first puzzle challenge. Now I have to come up with another.
Oh, "What walks on four legs..." Nah, on second thought, I'd better give this a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment