Monday, July 25, 2011

Balls to the Wall (street)

Seriously?

The NFL players and owners can come to some sort of agreement--as yet to be ratified--and the DC bozos cannot? As I just opined on Twitter, sounds like maybe we should switch the two: have a day in the life kind of an experiment. Yeah, the jobs are vastly different, but isn't the ability to compromise through common sense the main ingredient missing in the top of The Hill souffle right now?

I'll continue to hope real damned hard for some breakthrough, and I don't even care at this point if they're putting us all on. I just want them to unveil the eleventh-hour Statue of Liberty quarterback fake, or the fake punt pass play, something.

I guess to keep myself amused until we find out for sure what's going to happen, I can imagine certain Hilltoppers attempting to play on Sundays...and those poor NFL guys having to work a whole Tuesday-Thursday week on Capitol Hill. Ouch...three day workweek. Can you imagine?? Poor dears.

No comments:

Post a Comment