Sunday, July 24, 2011

Poll Call

Well no one got the correct answer to last week's poll. Seems the entrants found me far too brash or acerbic to like the Simon and Garfunkel. (Obviously these people know me too well.) You see, there was a period of time during college when I participated in a very cool group--the Presbyterian Student Union--with some lovely, non-judgmental people who were an absolute joy to be around. We took a week-long trip to Myrtle Beach during one school break, and listened almost exclusively to Simon and Garfunkel tapes. Those songs still remind me of those terrific people and that very special time.

I did hang out with James Dickey for a week at his house--I was interviewing him for the college yearbook--so that takes care of the revered author bit. And I'm told that I broke the wine cooler consumption record in August of 1982 at Don's in Five Points--in Columbia, S.C.--which explains why that was the night I met my now husband...that's not a shot dear, just colorful backstory.

So the answer was car battery thievery. I did have my battery stolen twice, but only once on campus. The other time was during the summer and in an entirely different part of the state.

So, thanks so much for voting. Wanna try another??

No comments:

Post a Comment