Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nancy to the Rescue!

Thank whatever you do or do not believe in for Nancy Pelosi for we now have actual, bona fide DEMOCRATS on the Super Committee!

The former (and hopefully soon-to-be-again Speaker) spoke with the only true voice on the matter, no thanks to Harry Reid who I'm sure is sincere, but didn't exactly appoint any "fellow pugilists". But Nancy gave us three pretty darn good advocates: Rep. Becerra (D-Ca.), Rep. Van Hollen (D-Md.), and Rep. Clyburn (D-SC).

I've already enumerated my affection for James "Jim" Clyburn in this space, and I will tell you that he is one of three South Carolinians of whom I am most proud. Here are those three very special people:

     *Mr. Clyburn
     *Stephen Colbert
     *Eugene Robinson

I think "Gene" is my favorite. That man is just charming and brilliant. I absolutely adore him! I've probably gushed this before as well, but what a wondrous speaking voice. I could listen to him forever.

So thank you Ms. Nancy! When I was young the local "Romper Room" lady was Miss Nancy, and I'm glad that like her, you took out your little mirror and looked out at the throng, always magically speaking the right names. Perhaps we Progressives can now breathe a small sigh of relief that there is some diversity and democracy among the "Dirty Dozen".
    

No comments:

Post a Comment