Sunday, October 16, 2011

From Whining to Winning!

Well even with my longshots, I managed to go 21-5 for NCAA Week Seven!
My losers were: Baylor, Navy (told you that would be a good game), Texas ("on paper" beats me--guess I'm "under rock" then), Georgia Tech, and South Florida. Not too shabby. And I needed some good news after yesterday, eh??

Some random and somewhat humorous stray thoughts (I must keep feeding them because they keep coming around):
1. One of my very dearest people in all the world tells me that there is such a thing as a "Pole Dancing Ministry". (And he ain't talking about a cabinet office in British Government.) As I tried to come up with visuals for this, I had to ask myself, "What is their motto?" I came up with these options--"Baring our Souls for You", "We Witness, You Witness", "Stripping to the Scriptures", and "Holy, Holy, Poley".
2. I am not ashamed to lick the plate clean in a restaurant if the sauce is that good.
3. "Two Mormons walk into a debate..." It's a work-in-progress.
4. Is Herman Cain's Chief Economic Advisor really just the dude down at the Wells-Fargo branch?
5. The word "touchdown" is being taken way too literally. Though this has bothered me for quite some time, today's Lions/49ers game was my last straw. Lemme get this straight: A guy just whispers the edge of a single molecule of the ball across the plane of the endzone with his body in any position except completely prostrate and it's a touchdown, but a guy can catch the ball, get two (or more) footsteps solidly inside the endzone, fall with the ball cradled against his body, roll over, have the ball come out in the process and this is ruled an incomplete pass. Am I missing anything here? This disparity drives me bonkers. Either both are touchdowns or both are close, but no cigar. I hope the interpretation of these rules is studied if not reformed. Because I can tell you, if I dive into a pool or fall into one I'm gonna get just as wet.

Now if they'd just go ahead and assess an illegal block in the back penalty on every punt and kickoff, I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment