Sunday, November 13, 2011

If a Tree Falls...

Oh, Tree! Oh, beloved Stanford, what have you done?

How sad that The Cardinal couldn't go undefeated, but if it had to happen, at least it was at the "hands" of the Oregon Ducks. I like the Ducks, but my dead dog LOVED the Ducks like crazy. I guess I can't be mad at her over this.

The Cardinal's next game is THE BIG GAME: Stanford and Cal. (You'll recall the famous Elway Big Game with the band on the field and the whole "Dewey Wins" atmosphere at the end.) Great game. This year's event may be one-sided--I'm sure The Cardinal are pissed about now--but it is always an entertaining match-up.  I predict Stanford, though I love Cal as well. Been to both stadiums--Stanford's is really nice, but the old Memorial Stadium in Berkeley was wonderful. They're renovating it this year...we'll see. Hope they keep the old earthquake cracks visible.

So, that out of they way, my record this week was a bit better at 24-9. Arizona State, Stanford, UCLA, Miami, Boise State, Air Force, Ohio State, Louisville, and Texas let me down. Ah well.

Look on the bright side: Colorado actually won a game and the Denver Broncos are on a win streak at present. It's not a pretty win streak, but it has been effective nonetheless. We'll take what we can get.

Small victories. Happy football. Rivalry Weekend next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment