Friday, September 14, 2012

BLOGNOSTICATION: WEEK THREE

     So let's give this another try, shall we? I'm picking 35 this week and hoping to go better than 50-50...you do the math. I skipped a lot of my perennial faves because the games are lopsided; you'll not see all the Top 25 in the list for the same reason.
     Here are the games I think might actually be games, many of which may prove to be an embarrassment for me again. (That's okay, I'm not proud.)

*WASHINGTON STATE beats The University of Nevada-Las Vegas
*Wake Forest falls to FLORIDA STATE
*California dies a slow and painful death at OHIO STATE
*VIRGINIA TECH bests Pittsburgh
*TCU defeats Kansas, but only by one wart on a Horned Frog: 2nd toughest pick of the day
*Western Michigan falls to MINNESOTA
*Arkansas State comes out all happy only to fall prey to NEBRASKA
*Eastern Michigan tries, and fails, to make it a game with PURDUE
*CONNECTICUT defeats Maryland, I reckon
*Furman falls to CLEMSON and boy, do I hope I'm wrong
*Alabama is stunned by a fast and furious ARKANSAS, in my world, anyway
*North Carolina comes up short against LOUISVILLE
*Virginia fails to stop GEORGIA TECH
*Boston College loses a high-scoring affair to NORTHWESTERN
*NAVY whups up on the sanctioned Panthers of Penn State
*Northern Iowa puts on a great show but IOWA has the final possession
*TEXAS A&M stomps on Southern Methodist University
*EAST CAROLINA defeats Southern Mississippi, but only by one Pirate's whisker; THIS was the toughest prediction for me
*Miami (Ohio) fails, perhaps valiantly, at BOISE STATE
*Florida International University is pummeled by UCF
*FLORIDA takes the high ground in the "Rocky Top" of Tennessee, and if you hate the color orange, please look elsewhere for your football entertainments
*Southern Alabama should lose to NC STATE
*ARIZONA STATE will, in all likelihood, beat Mizzou...I think
*I had picked Rice to lose to LOUISIANA TECH, but I am going to make an UNPRECEDENTED CHANGE and go with RICE over Louisiana Tech...we'll see
*Bowling Green will stumble, stumble, roll, roll over at TOLEDO
*Mississippi State will divide, but not conquer, the other men of TROY
*Sam Houston State has a great shot at losing to BAYLOR, though they did just defeat Incarnate Word, and I think we all know how difficult that can be
*USC, I'm very sorry to say, will probably beat my beloved The Cardinal of Stanford
*Notre Dame should lose to MICHIGAN STATE...and I should already be famous
*Colorado State will fall mightily to SAN JOSE STATE
*Utah State stands nearly every chance to lose to WISCONSIN, but upsets do occur
*Colorado (where the deer, but not the Buffaloes, roam) will be massacred by FRESNO STATE, maybe twice
*New Mexico State will bow out gracefully at UTEP...and UTEP needs the win!
*TEXAS will defeat Ole Miss...and lots of beer will be consumed by all sides
*BYU may very well defeat the Utah Utes, but I smell another possible upset brewing here...though not the beer because, well, you know
*Houston (sans Sam) will be bum steered by the wiley Bruins of UCLA

     ...or that's how I envision it anyway. Enjoy the games this weekend. I hope your home team wins; we ALL know mine won't. "Home, home on the range..."


No comments:

Post a Comment